Guys seem to think they have to do all the work and for the women, well it’s easy..they just show up. True or not true? Guys let me flatter you for a bit. While you may be inclined to believe that we just show up looking extraordinary and beaming radiant sunshine through our nostrils, its a lot more work then you think.
Have you every been in a relationship with a woman and you had to wait around for her to get dressed? Well hold onto that image, but add obsessing over what to wear for a week, gouging our eyelids to remove unwanted hairs, cuts on our underarms if we didn’t shave carefully and god forbid our nails get botched up right before
the date. A nail smudge or chip prior to exiting the door can feel like the end of the world.
Sound stupid… say that to my mini panic attacks that were coming my way over this sort of thing. Yes our hearts pound inside of us, we want to make sure we’re going to say the right thing, and sweet baby Jesus please don’t let me get spinach stuck in my teeth. A minor thing like a tiny booger hanging out in our nose could be terms for calling the night short. So fellows if you think you have it bad listen up, it’s a lot of work for ladies as well.
Gals here are some tips for ya before that date:
1. Pick out that dress prior. Stress before the date, follows you on the date. So not worth it so prepare!
2. When ordering food, make sure you don’t order dishes that’ll stay with you for the rest of the night. Sure you ordered a tiny portion to show just what a petite gal you really are, but that doesn’t mean you want to stash food in your teeth and nibble on it throughout the night.
3. Pack a small bottle of perfume in your handbag. In the event that you go dancing, or lets face it… you’re nervous as hell and you begin to sweat.. sweat it out in the ladies room, but cover it up with that handy fragrance!
4. Forget gum, it’s tacky. Buy the small pack of altoids and put them in your evening bag.
5. Breathe on the date. Don’t freak out over everything you think you should say, what to say or what have you. Breathe. Okay well breathe as much as you can with that tiny dress thats pulling at your rib cage.
6. Know your body.. don’t eat foods prior in the day that’ll mess you up at night. (I’m lactose intolerant and have made the mistake many of times of eating, drinking dairy. I looked like a pregnant woman and couldn’t stop squirming throughout the date. I’ll stop there.)
7. Self absorbed bitches. You’re on a date, which means, there’s someone else at the table besides you. Listen to what they have to say, engage them and ask them questions about them…without it turning back to you. Listening and acknowledging goes a long way.
8. Humor puts everyone at ease. Find something light hearted to talk about, crack jokes. He’s just as nervous as you, so help share the load and make it comical. (I tend to overdue and my boyish nature sometimes explodes, I’ll trust you’ll do better then me in this department.)
9. Leave him wanting more. Sleeping with him the first night, despite what he says is not impressive. And in case you haven’t gotten the memo… herpes are not cool.
10. Remember what you have to offer. Never ever let someone allow you to feel inferior about yourself. They obviously asked you out for a reason, so don’t you forget it!
Dating, it may not be the easiest thing in the world to do, but with the right dating tips…IT CAN BE DONE.
Take the Attraction Quiz!